Carpet Cleaning for Midlothian, TX, Homes Where Pets Are Present
Blog Summary: The technicians at SERVPRO of Waxahachie/Midlothian have the training, equipment, and experience to deliver a wide range of carpet cleaning and deodorization solutions for carpeting and upholstery that have been affected by pet stains.
The team of cleaning and damage restoration experts at SERVPRO of Waxahachie/Midlothian understands that spills and stains on carpeting can add stress to a homeowner’s already busy life. When these stains come from a beloved family pet, the situation can become even more frustrating. Fortunately, pet owners can help pets and carpets coexist by considering pet-friendly options in the carpet selection process and by implementing best practices and maintenance strategies that help carpeting withstand wear.
Should Pet Owners Choose Solid Floors or Carpet?
People with pets may assume that they have to sacrifice the comforts of carpeting for the enjoyment of having pets. However, smooth flooring may not automatically be the best choice for homes where pets are present. According to the American Kennel Club, “There actually are some advantages to carpet when it comes to dogs. Unlike hard-surface floors, dogs won’t slip and slide on it, especially puppies that have not yet found their grown-up balance. Unlike hardwood, laminate, vinyl, or tile, carpets won’t accumulate scratches and scuff marks, so there’s no more worrying about damage from pets’ paws and claws. Carpeting is also noise-muffling, which is especially nice in upstairs rooms or apartments. You can choose the color and style you want, and your dog will appreciate having a soft, warm place to snooze.”
Carpet Choice Considerations
When choosing a carpet for a home or apartment, pet owners will want to look for several factors that make certain carpeting options better than others. Listed below are three key qualities of a pet-friendly carpet.
- Spill-resistant: Medium to large-sized pets can easily knock drinks and liquids onto the carpeting. Dogs and cats, in particular, experience short bursts of extreme energy known as frenetic random activity periods. While these high-energy instances of running are normal pet behavior, a hyperactive cat or dog can suddenly overturn a drink or food item left on an end table or countertop.
- Stain-resistant: From an accident on the carpet to a spilled glass of grape juice to a romp outside in a mud puddle, stain-causing situations are an inevitability in a household with pets.
- Wear-resistant: This feature is especially important in households with multiple indoor pets.
Also, make sure that the carpet retailer offers a solid warranty in the event that the carpet is seriously damaged. After the homeowner has decided on the carpet to be installed, he or she will want to have the carpeting cleaned regularly, such as on an annual basis, by a professional cleaning service.
Tips for Keeping the Carpet in Good Shape When Pets Are Present in the Home
Several practices can help pet owners preserve the life of their carpets.
- Use a neutral, pet-safe cleaner to clean up any incidents of incontinence. A product with a neutral pH helps offset the acidic nature of urine.
- When outdoor pets come inside, wipe off the pet’s paws and coat before allowing them to walk through the house. Cleaning off dirt and mud helps prevent the grime from transferring from the pet to the carpet.
- Address spills immediately. The longer a spill stays on the carpeting, the greater the chance that it will leave a stain. Spills should be blotted rather than wiped since wiping can expand the area affected by the spill, making the stain worse.
Who to Call When Pet Stains Become a Problem
When pet stains do occur, homeowners will find that a full-service company is an asset. Rather than having to vet multiple companies, pet owners can take confidence that the chosen company will provide carpet cleaning as well as any ancillary services that are needed.
The highly-trained technicians at SERVPRO of Waxahachie/Midlothian have experience with a variety of carpet cleaning methods and will implement the right solution for the client’s carpet cleaning needs. In addition, the team can also provide upholstery cleaning, deodorization, and mold removal services.
Customers who secure the company’s carpet cleaning services find that SERVPRO of Waxahachie / Midlothian delivers consistent, excellent work. One pet owner writes in an online review, “With five dogs and four adults living in our house, you can only imagine what the carpets look like even with daily vacuuming. We contacted SERVPRO Waxahachie to clean our carpets, and their crew did an excellent job. From their professional demeanor to their concern for our property, they were top-notch. They took the time to check for any pet spots and made the high-traffic areas look great. Very thorough work. We will absolutely use y’all again! Thanks for a job very well done!”
Another review describes the carpet cleaning and odor removal services that made life with pets more tolerable. The review reads, “I had no idea how dirty my carpets really were until SERVPRO Waxahachie was finished! The technician arrived on time, explained what the process was, and got to work. Tons of deep spot cleaning were needed due to our fur babies, which he totally took care of. Plus, he deodorized the master bedroom - no more stinky dog funk. My carpets now look and smell fantastic. Highly recommend this company.”
Contact SERVPRO of Waxahachie / Midlothian to learn more about the company’s carpet cleaning, odor removal, and property damage restoration services. The office can be reached by phone at (972) 935-0827 or by emailing acarey@SERVPRO10932.com